The True Size of the U.S Legal Market

Posted by Gaby Isturiz on April 29, 2016 at 2:54 PM


The Legal Executive Institute recently published this infographic titled “How Big is the U.S. Legal Services Market?”  The infographic presented several important data points on the legal industry:

  • According to the LEI, the size of the legal market is about $437 billion. Out of this figure, law firms’ total revenue combined account for $276 billion, about 63% of the total legal market. Corporate Legal Departments share the other 37% with $160 billion.
  • The law firm market is split: 39.2%  are Small Law Firm (1 – 20 attorneys), 26.4% are Mid Size Firms (30 to 175 attorneys) and 34.4% are Large Firms (175+ attorneys).
  • Law firm business from Corporate Legal Departments is almost an even split, with 53% of the business going to the Top 200 AM LAW firms, and 47% to firms outside the AM LAW 200. Corporate legal departments are doing more in-house work.
  • US is the largest distributor of legal services.

Mobile Security: Top 8 Scenarios You Should be Worried About

Posted by Daniel Garcia on April 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM


What’s the one sure thing that defines life as an IT professional at a law firm? There’s always a challenge. Lucky for us, these unsung heroes thrive in the face of complexity. 

Perhaps the most significant challenge for the IT professional, in legal, is security. The sharp increase in mobile device use over the past few years has added several new complexities to the security conversation.

Topics: Mobility, Security

Going Beyond the App

Posted by Gaby Isturiz on April 20, 2016 at 9:08 AM

In our latest contribution to the ILTA Peer to Peer Magazine, we address the important topic going beyond the App in achieving True Mobility.

Apps are arguably the reason that smartphone use has soared over the past decade, and they are part and parcel of the way most of us understand mobility.

The "there's an app for that" mentality works great for individuals, but it is not so good for law firms. Firms that fail to go "beyond the app" and address mobility at an enterprise level are less likely to experience:

Topics: Mobility

Case Study: How to Successfully Implement Mobile Time Entry

Posted by Gaby Isturiz on April 15, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Introducing a new technology to attorneys can be challenging. After all, attorneys have been burned many times by solutions that are inefficient, overly complicated and ineffective. This has led to a perception that attorneys are unwilling to adopt new technology. At Bellefield, we've found this to be a major misconception. In our experience, attorneys enthusiastically embrace new technology - so long as it is actually adding value to their processes.

Topics: Time Entry Policies, Time Entry/Time Keeping, Mobility